Project

2, 4 & 6 New Bridge Street

Large image

Overview

This building is associated with 1-3 New Bridge Street, as together they have been collectively referred to as ‘The Pink Buildings’ for some time due to their light pink paint finish. This B-listed building was built in 1834 for a banker named Patrick Cowan. Like its pink twin, it is constructed of dressed ashlar, and retains much of its original character.

The stability of the structure has been an issue for this building, because of its proximity to the water. This is something which has been addressed in the renovation; work was also undertaken on the roof, where water was coming into the building.

We started on site with this building in April 2013. Working with our contractor, CBC Stone, and the work was completed in August 2014.

News

Small Grants Scheme

Small Grants Scheme

Small Grants Scheme is now coming to ...Read More »

Events